Australia Day is a time when many of us celebrate being Australian, and some of us reflect on elements of our national culture, both positive and negative.
Use this simple guide to give your organisation’s culture a check up.
1. How would you describe the culture of your organisation? In other words, how are things done around here?
2. Does your organisation have a clear vision for the future?
3. Who else other than owners and managers is aware of and understands the vision?
4. How do your people treat each other? (staff, management, owners, customers, suppliers).
5. Do your people care about the organisation – do they turn up fully engaged or is it just a job to them?
Now you have some important questions to deal with. What has this check up revealed to you about your organisation’s culture? What are you going to do to improve?
The culture of an organisation is the leader’s responsibility, and it’s a big, heavy one. Let us know if we can help.